Sunday, November 4, 2012

Photography Started on Princess Grace Film

Filming has begun on the new movie, "Grace of Monaco" starring Nicole Kidman (as we have discussed) in the title role. The film has a $30 million budget and is scheduled for release sometime in 2014. What did I find most surprising? Tim Roth will be playing Prince Rainier III. I know some were critical of Kidman playing Princess Grace (impossible shoes to fill if ever there were) but, while there might have been better choices, I am willing to give her a chance and see what she can do with the part. However, Tim Roth as Prince Rainier? Could they have found anyone less Franco-Monegasque than Tim Roth? Don't get me wrong, I think Roth is a great actor, I loved him in "Reservoir Dogs" and "Pulp Fiction" -I didn't love him so much in "Rob Roy" as he was perfectly evil but he still played perfectly evil very well. However, he's just nowhere even close to being at all similar to Prince Rainier. Especially for the period being covered, he seems to old, his build is wrong and his features are far too British and not at all Mediterranean. Well, maybe they are banking on no one paying much attention to anyone other than Kidman/Grace in this movie. We will have to wait and see. I have been reasonable on the choice of Kidman, but Tim Roth...

1 comment:

  1. I REALLY hope its a good film and does justice to Grace.

    Anything less would be an absolute travesty!

    I guess only time will tell.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...